CLEAN AIR, HEALTHY KIDS, NOT DIRTY CRUDE!
Thursday, March 20, 2008
6:15 – Rally Outside of Richmond City Hall
7:00 – Planning Commission Hearing (bring food and snacks– we need folks to stay for the whole hearing!). To testify people need to sign up before 7pm and 1-3 minute public testimony will take place around 10pm.
Richmond City Council
1401 Marina Way South (past Regatta)
*Carpool-Offer a Ride or Catch one at 5:45 Richmond BART (510 967-7377)
* AC transit bus #74 stops near by
* Driving Directions: From Oakland/East of Richmond:Take I-580 W. Take the CUTTING BLVD exit toward HARBOUR WAY SOUTH. Turn RIGHT onto CUTTING BLVD. Turn RIGHT onto MARINA WAY S.
* No Increase In pollution! Reduce Current Pollution Levels!
* Environmental justice, worker justice and right to know are a must!
* Chevron’s expansion must provide a meaningful
public review process, including considering alternatives to refining dirtier crude!
* Recirculation of the EIR! Suspend the approval process until there is full disclosure of changes in crude oil stock & its impacts!
We are encouraging all residents of Richmond and surrounding communities (Bay Area-wide) to make testimony at this hearing. Please demand that the Planning Commission suspend the process, recirculate the Final EIR (environmental impact report) as it is missing emissions data and does not disclose the true scope of this project.
Additionally, let them know that you don’t want any dirtier crude refined in Richmond.
For more information please contact:
Jessica Tovar 510-302-0430 ext 24
Dr Henry Clark 510- 232-3427